Correlations to the NAAEE Guidelines
In order to meet the needs of educators nationwide, correlations of Project WILD K-12 materials have been developed for the North American Association for Environmental Education's (NAAEE) Excellence in Environmental Education: Guidelines for Learning. These guidelines identify knowledge and skills essential for environmental literacy and articulate how environmental education fits into formal classroom settings.
Entire document (8.4 MB)
Grades K-4 (1.5 MB)
Grades 5-8 (1.4 MB)
Grades 9-12 (1.1 MB)
Correlations to Common Core Standards
Efforts are underway to further correlate Project WILD and Aquatic WILD activities to Common Core State Standards in mathematics and English language arts/literacy (ELA). Links to Common Core standards that are currently available are listed below.
Aquatic WILD's Correlations to Common Core Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects
Correlations to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
The documents linked below identify how activities in the Project WILD K-12 Curriculum and Activity Guide and the Aquatic WILD K-12 Curriculum and Activity Guide correlate to NGSS Student Performance Expectations (PEs).
Project WILD Correlations to NGSS PEs
Aquatic WILD Correlations to NGSS PEs
Correlations to the National Science Standards
Each Project WILD and Project WILD Aquatic activity has been correlated to the National Science Standards.
AFWA Scope & Sequence Correlations
Correlations to Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (AFWA) K-12
Conservation Education Scope and Sequence
Many state Project WILD programs have correlated the Project WILD K-12 Curriculum and Activity Guide and the Project WILD Aquatic K-12 Curriculum and Activity Guide to their state standards. Links to online correlations can be found below. Click on the appropriate state.
If your state is not listed, correlations may be available by request. Please contact your state coordinator.
- LA, Math, Social Science, & Investigations Correlations- 5th
- LA, Life Science, Resources, & Investigations Correlations- 6th
- LA, Math,& Science Correlations- 7th
- LA, Math, Social Science, & Science Correlations- 8th
- Science & History Correlations- 9th-12th
- (Excel) History & Social Science Correlations- K-12
- (Excel) Science Correlations- K-12
- (Excel) Environmental Education Initiative (EEI) Correlations- K-12
- Science & Civics - Science Correlations
- Science & Civics - Social Science Correlations
- Science, Math, Social Studies & LA Correlations (K-12)
- High School Correlations (K-12)
- Project WILD Aquatic correlations
- K - 4th Grade ABC GLCE Correlation
- K - 4th Science GLCE Correlation
- 5th -8th Grade ABC GLCE Correlation
- 5th - 8th Grade Science GLCE Correlation
- 6th Grade ABC Correlation
- 7th Grade ABC Correlation
- 9 - 12th Grade ABC Correlation
- 9 - 12th Grade Science HSCE Correlation
- Aquatic WILD Correlations to K-5 Science Essential Standards
- Project WILD Correlations to K-5 Science Essential Standards
- Project WILD Correlations
- Growing Up WILD Correlations
Many state Project WILD programs have correlated the Project WILD K-12 Curriculum and Activity Guide and the Project WILD Aquatic K-12 Curriculum and Activity Guide to Girl Scout and Boy Scout Badge Requirements. Please see the completed correlations below.
Mississippi Girl Scout Correlations
North Carolina Boy Scout Correlations
Virginia Girl Scout Correlations (formatted)
Virginia Girl Scout Correlations
Children's Environmental Literature
An updated Children's Environmental Literature Bibliography is available for download courtesy of Wisconsin's Project WILD, Project Learning Tree, and Project WET programs. This popular resource was initially developed in 1997 and has been revised as a reading list for early childhood providers and to help teachers meet the requirements of the No Child Left Behind legislation (NCLB). The bibliography contains more than 400 books, over 300 of them new additions. For easy teacher reference, the books are grouped according to topic area and age group. To download the bibliography, click here.
Additional Children's Books on Wildlife
Children's Books on Wildlife
Books Used in Environmental Education
How To Get Materials
The Project WILD Correlations can be purchased by sending an order form to the Project WILD National Office with a check or money order.